We are a foreign couple who have been living in Hong Kong for more than eight years and have been renting our apartments. We are now considering buying for self-use or as an investment. What advice can you give us?
Elsie M K Wong
I notice that you mentioned you have been living in Hong Kong for more than eight years. This means that you should have permanent Hong Kong resident status and are not subject to double stamp duty which makes it easier for you to purchase your first property. 
Aside from ensuring that your credit status is healthy and that you have the sufficient funds to meet the down payment, stamp duty, agent and legal fees, you will need to ensure that the property you’re choosing has a clean title and that it doesn’t come with any illegal structures - if in doubt, seek a surveyor’s advice. Our agents are all attentive and familiar with the relevant conveyance laws and will provide you with all the necessary information such as:  land search records, property valuations, and transaction records allowing you to purchase your property with ease, saving you valuable time and effort. 
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will endeavor to answer any queries that you may have. 
OKAY.COM - iOS App StoreOKAY.COM - Android Play Store
Let's Connect
15/F, Wilson House, 19-27 Wyndham St., Central, Hong Kong
+852 2102 0888